VISION AND AIMS
Upton Cross Primary School is committed to enabling all pupils to achieve their best in a challenging, creative, stimulating and supportive learning environment.
As a school we aim to …
- provide a purposeful environment where every child discovers their own potential and a love of learning
- equip our pupils with the ability to acquire the skills they need for the rapidly evolving world in which they live
- nurture bodies and minds so that our children are happy and safe with a real understanding of how to keep healthy
- build a community which makes connections with the larger community through the work we do, the problems we solve, and the experiences, strengths and hopes we share
- use technology to examine the past, make sense out of today and to be part of the future
As a team we strive to …
- promote excellence – pushing the boundaries of achievement
- work together, learn from each other, share resources and ideas
- value progress – believing every child has an untapped potential rather than a fixed IQ
- hold high hopes and expectations, developing a hunger for improvement
- help learners lay the foundations of future success, raising the capability of all
As a school our key priorities are…
- ensuring all children are given the best opportunities to make accelerated progress to ensure excellent attainment for reading, writing and mathematics.
- developing an approach to learning and teaching that enhances children's ability to be lifelong learners who are motivated, analytical and creative thinkers, problem-solvers and excellent communicators.
- delivering a curriculum rich in first-hand abnd real-life experiences that develops the basic skills of oracy, reading, writing and mathematics, through exposure to quality texts from a range of authors, extended opportunities to rehearse and recite writing across a range of subjects, the incremental progression of grammar, spelling and punctuation skills, the development of verbal and written explanations, problem-solving and the application of mathematics across a range of subjects and real life contexts.
- teaching in every classroom, every day is at least 'good'.
- to develop a model of inclusion within all children can achieve their full potential.
- to ensure parental and community involvement are at the heart of our school.