Unfortunately bereavement affects us all at some point in our lives. Here are some useful groups and websites that may help if you are dealing with a bereavement in your family.
They offer a range of resources and support options for children and their families including:
• Freephone National Helpline is free to call on 08088 020 021 which offers therapeutic advice following a bereavement. The helpline provides bereavement support for parents, carers and professionals who are looking for childhood bereavement advice and support.
• Online chat support designed to help children and young people talk about their grief and discuss ways to manage this via one to one support speaking to someone.
This organisation provides support for children who have suffered from the death of a parent with a range of different services including:
Grieftalk: – an online service providing support for a child, teenager or adult who has recently experienced the death of a loved one. This can be accessed in a number of ways:
• TALK to grieftalk from any phone for free 0808 802 0111
• 1-2-1 CHAT live sessions with a grieftalk counsellor
• TYPE send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Programme - a range of services from a supportive voice at the end of a phone, group activities with like minded families at Fundays, Grief Groups and Remembrance Days, to long term one-to-one counselling. The programme is provided by professional counsellors, trained in bereavement, determining a personal plan for each individual.
E-counselling service - serves the demand of the young, digitally apt community. Young people suffering from bereavement can get in contact via electronic methods including email and Skype.
Contact email@example.com for more information.