We are a healthy school and encourage all our children to eat a healthy and balanced diet.
Please click here to see a copy of our current menu.
There is a salad bar as well as fresh fruit, yogurt, cheese and biscuits and a selection of toppings for jacket potatoes available every day. All meat is Halal & Non Halal. Please note: Occasionally meals are changed due to late delivery of ingredients.
If you have chosen for your child to have a packed lunch, we are a healthy school and encourage all our children to eat a healthy and balanced diet.
Everyday we would suggest that your child's pack lunch included:
- At least one portion of fruit (small apple, small banana, kiwi, grapes) or vegetables (carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, small tomato, lettuce).
- A dairy product such as cheese, yoghurt or fromage frais.
- A drink, such as water, semi-skimmed milk or a yoghurt drink.
- A starchy product such as a sandwich, some pasta or rice.
Packed lunches should NOT include:
- Confectionery, such as chocolate bars and sweets.
- Chocolate Spread
- Nuts and nut products (we have a number of children with nut allergies in our school).
- Cakes and biscuits
- Fizzy drinks or drinks with a high sugar content.
- Chocolate dipping products
For more information visit the healthier lunch box ideas on the NHS Change4Life Website.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Please click on this tab to see if you are entitled to Free School meals.
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support;
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance;
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190);
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit;
- Universal Credit;
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child might also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- Younger than the Compulsory age for starting school
- In full-time education
Your child will be able to get free school meals if they’re in:
- Reception class
- Year 1
- Year 2
We strongly encourage all eligible families to tell the local authority if they get any of the above benefits. The school is able to get extra funding as a result.