Upton Cross prides itself on having pupils’ emotional well-being at the heart of everything we do. One of the main ways that we support pupils is by having an effective Pastoral Team who nurture, support and guide pupils through their school journey.
The role of the Pastoral Team at Upton Cross is to ensure that our children are happy, healthy and safe. As part of the Inclusion Team, the Pastoral Managers work to provide effective safeguarding and personal development for all of our pupils.
Where pupils may have additional needs, pastoral support will include introducing targeted support where necessary. Support is available through the following avenues:
- Discussing concerns with Class Teachers, Year Leaders or the Place2Be Manager
- Providing academic support in class
- Delivering Social Skills groups
- Mentoring pupils to break down any barriers to learning
- Setting personalised targets and monitoring pupils’ performance
- Supporting pupils transitioning in to a new school, different home / different country
- Working with the SENCO or Safeguarding Leads to signpost families to outside agencies if required
The key to providing strong Pastoral support is the development of positive and nurturing relationships with children and their families, so that early intervention can be identified and delivered effectively.
If you feel that your child would benefit from this support, please contact the school and speak to our Pastoral Leads.